DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: 11:59pm on Wednesday, May 4, 2016
The purpose of SCOPE: the southern landscape is to exhibit the widest range of “landscape” works possible in VAE’s Main Gallery. The South is a hub of creativity and Raleigh has adopted a vision to become the Southern Capital for Arts and Culture. To do our part, VAE will exhibit landscape works by artists across the regional south, or works created in or inspired by the southern landscape.
Entries must fit through VAE’s 104″ x 71″ door to be exhibited. Juried with JPEGs. Two entries per artist. Entries must be received by 11:59pm on Wednesday, May 4, 2016.
Daniel Fuller, curator, Atlanta Contemporary
Deadline for entries………………..…....11:59pm on Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Notification of Accepted Works……….Friday, May 13, 2016
Delivery of Accepted Work……….....…Fri, May 27, 11am – 6pm & Sat, May 28, 11am-4pm
Exhibition Run………………….….…............June 3 – 24, 2016
Opening Reception…………..…….….......June 3, 6-10pm
Pick-Up of Unsold Work…………….....…Sat, June 25, 11am-4pm
The Brancato Award….….……$500
The Brancato Award
The Brancato Award will be given to an artist whose work has a unique take on landscapes. Kathy Brancato was a valued member of the VAE community who painted innovative landscapes. Kathy was also very supportive of her fellow artists and this award will allow her creative spirit to encourage other artists.
members………………..…$10 per artwork/$20 for two pieces*
non-members………..……$15 per artwork/$30 for two pieces*
*All entry fees are non-refundable.
- All files should be named like so: 01_LASTNAME_TITLE.jpg, 02_LASTNAME_TITLE.jpg.
- Still images should be sent as jpegs should be at least 1000px at their widest dimension, not to exceed 2MB per image. 2D artists may submit one JPEG per entry. 3D artists may submit two JPEGS (one full shot and one detail) per entry. Follow the filename format for works as indicated above.
- Video samples should be edited to no longer than 2 minute excerpts. It is strongly preferred that video & audio artists submit their work online through clips or url addresses to online sharing formats like hulu, vimeo, youtube, or dropbox. Videos submitted as uploaded files should be submitted as Quicktime files whose width is no larger than 720px and file size is no larger than 10MB (as that is the largest file eligible for upload on our entry software). Please only submit video art or video documentation of an art piece that requires video to be fully experienced. Do not send video walk-throughs of static exhibitions or video slideshows. While web-hosted submissions are strongly preferred, video and audio samples can be submitted on CD if necessary. Please contact Brandon Cordrey to make arrangements for CD delivery prior to deadline. Follow the filename format for works as indicated above.
- Audio: Audio should be submitted as separate MP3 files. Each track should be no longer than 2 minutes. Follow the filename format for works as indicated above.
- Web-based: Web-based work should be submitted as a URL listed in the work sample list. Please only submit web-based projects. A portfolio website that features audio/video art and still images will not be considered.
Online entries are strongly encouraged. If you need to send your entries in via regular mail please send your entry form (use 2 entry forms if you wish to enter 3 pieces), a CD with entry files, & entry fee to:
Visual Art Exchange
Attn: Brandon Cordrey
309 W. Martin Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
SCOPE is open to any living artist. A maximum of 2 works of any medium, per artist may be submitted. Two and three dimensional entries will be accepted. Work must be original and completed in the last 2 years. No copies, mechanical reproductions, molds or kit work will be accepted. Visual Art Exchange reserves the right to exclude work due to size or special requirements. Entries must be hand delivered to the gallery or mailed in a returnable container. Artwork submitted on behalf of an artist requires written and signed authorization from the artist. Click here to view VAE’s exhibition policies.
VAE’s gallery space is fully accessible and we strive to make the submission process accessible as well. We encourage anyone to enter our open call exhibitions. If you need any additional information or accommodations in order to enter this exhibition please email Brandon or call 919.828.7834 ext 6 for assistance.
Ship artwork using a sturdy, reusable packing materials clearly labeled with your name and telephone number. Do not include return postage in case the artwork sells during the run of the exhibition. Following the exhibition each artist who shipped their work should generate a FedEx label and email it to our Exhibitions Manager so the piece may be returned. Do not use styrofoam packing peanuts. Shipments of artwork will be accepted May 23-28, 2016.
Visual Art Exchange
c/o Brandon Cordrey
309 W Martin Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
Visual Art Exchange will retain a commission of 30% for VAE members, 50% for non-members on all work sold during the exhibit. If a work is not for sale please indicate with NFS value in appropriate space during registration or on the consignment sheet. Click here to join VAE!
All entries will be handled with the utmost care and respect. VAE is not liable for artwork during transportation to or from the gallery but does carry a blanket inland marine policy that covers most fine art works and craft items up to $5,000. VAE reserves the right to refuse coverage to artwork with inherent vices, high values or that is deemed unstable. By entering into this show, the artist agrees to abide by all rules and regulations as set by exhibition guidelines.
Questions? Email Brandon!