FOR THE LOVE OF ART AUCTION & GALA > CALL FOR ARTISTS
Giving back For the Love of Art!
VAE is an organization for artists, supported by artists. Artists like you! A donation of your fabulous work will help us continue to empower emerging artists in 2017. And if community goodwill wasn’t reason enough, we also offer cash prizes, discounted tickets, and an opportunity to meet with this year’s esteemed gala jurors.
Artists with work that they would like considered for awards and inclusion in the live auction should bring their donation to VAE by January 19. Can’t meet that deadline? No worries! We’ll continue to accept donations for the silent auction through February 18!
> Linda Dallas, artist / professor, Saint Augustine University / commissioner, Raleigh Arts Commission
> Jennifer Dasal, associate curator of contemporary art, North Carolina Museum of Art
> Sarah Powers, artist / Executive Director, Office of Raleigh Art
We will happily accept up to two pieces of art (in any media) from all living artists wanting to support VAE. Work received by January 19 will be juried for prizes and for possible inclusion in the Live Auction.
LOADS OF GREAT REASONS TO GIVE
- Good Karma. All proceeds go directly to VAE, an organization that has helped artists grow and learn for 36 years! This is your chance to support an organization that supports you!
- Cash prizes! First prize: $300, Second prize: $200, Third prize: $100; three Merit Awards.
- Prestigious Jurors! (To be announced soon)
- “Meet the Jurors” Artist Appreciation Party on January 19! All donating artists will meet one-on-one with a juror to talk about their work and get valuable tips.
- Discounted tickets. We want you to join the party! Donating artists can buy up to two tickets at the discounted rate of $45. CLICK HERE to get yours today!
- Marketing! Donating artists’ names, websites, and donated art images will be featured on this website AND in the printed program. What’s more, this event is attended by 450 serious art lovers and collectors, all of whom are looking for the perfect addition to their collections– YOURS!
November 1 - January 19: bring artwork donations to VAE (309 Martin Street, Raleigh). Gallery hours are Wednesday – Friday from 11am-6pm and Saturday 11am-4pm.
January 19 from 7-9pm: Artist Appreciation Party at VAE. This snazzy evening will be spent celebrating our donating artists. Bring your artwork to the party and spend time with our jurors discussing your career, creative ideas and future opportunities!
February 25 from 6-11pm: For the Love of Art Auction & gala at the Raleigh Marriott City Center (500 Fayetteville Street, Raleigh)
Check out all of the fantastic work donated to last year's auction!
Join us - Artist Appreciation Party on January 19!
We invite all of you to come celebrate art with us and feel the love! This is the absolute best time to bring your donation into VAE because the benefits associated with helping VAE are so immediate! All donating artists will get to meet one-on-one with someone from our panel of prestigious jurors.
It's a great way to talk about your art with folks in the know! Have a drink, enjoy great company, feel appreciated and know that you're helping an organization whose mission is to help you!