FOR THE LOVE OF ART AUCTION & GALA > ATTEND
VAE INTRODUCES MOBILE BIDDING
CHECK-IN / REGISTRATION
During check-in, you will receive a text message to take part in Online Bidding.
• If so, you will just need to click the link!
• If not, you will be asked for your mobile phone number and will momentarily receive a text message.
BIDDING – USING YOUR SMARTPHONE
Search auction items:
• By Number or Keyword when using the magnifying glass
• By Category listed under the menu (Blue, Orange, and Purple sections)
• By “No Bid” under the menu
• “My List” to see artwork you have / are bidding on and items on your watch list.
• Click the house to go back to your home screen
Place a bid:
• Quick Bid – Increase the bid amount by $10.
• Bid – Want to increase in the bid price by more than $10? Use the Bid button to select the desired bid amount.
• Buy Now – If this option is enabled, you can purchase the artwork for the price listed.
• Watch – Not ready to bid yet? Watch an item so you can quickly find it under My List once you are ready. If you are outbid, you will be notified via text message. You’ll also see a notification on your home screen. If you are outbid because it was purchased with Buy it Now, you will not be notified.
BIDDING – USING A BID ASSISTANT
• Locate a Bid Assistant in the silent auction area.
• Give the Bid Assistant your bidder number or name.
• Provide the number or name of the artwork you wish to bid on, and the amount you wish to bid.
• Check back in with a Bid Assistant to see if you are still the highest bidder.
MAKING A DONATION DURING CALL TO ACTION
• To make a donation, select the Donation button on your home screen.
• Choose a preset amount or select the Custom Amount button.
SEEING IF YOU WON ART IN THE SILENT AUCTION
• Go to My List to view your items or ask a Bid Assistant.
Thank you to everyone who purchased a ticket to our 2017 celebration of creativity! Email Brandon Cordrey, or call (919)256-6856 for additional ticket needs. Below is information for attendees.
For the Love of Art Art Auction + Gala!
Raleigh Marriott City Center
500 Fayetteville Street, Raleigh, NC 27601
February 25, 2017, 6-11pm
Silent Auction: 6:00 – 8:15pm
Buffet Dinner: 7:00pm
Coffee & Cake: 8:00pm
Live Auction: 8:45 – 9:30pm
Registration: No paper tickets will be issued, however everyone’s name and or company will be at registration. It is important to check in at the registration desk to receive your bid cards, complimentary drink tickets, valet vouchers and program at registration.
Parking: Complimentary valet parking will be available for all guests. Make sure to grab a voucher at registration to use at the end of the evening. There is also plenty of surface and deck parking in the area.
Attire: The attire is black tie optional. Creative attire is appreciated!
Sponsor & VIP Preview: Be the first to bid! Sponsors and VIPs are invited to arrive between 5-6pm to preview the artwork and register before the crowds!
Greater Giving: For your convenience, VAE is utilizing Greater Giving's mobile bidding software to allow you to purchase artwork, wine wall and drink tickets from your cell phone! If you have any questions about how to use the software look for an attendant in the silent auction, registration, or at the bars and wine wall. Greater Giving ensures a secure, accurate and speedy check-out for all your purchases throughout the evening.
Drink Tickets: Wine, beer and spirits will be available throughout the evening. Two complimentary drink tickets will be give to each attendee and additional drink tickets and tickets for mixed drinks may be purchased at the event.